Pages

Seasons and me, sounds like a nature lover. Yes, that's true, but not all. Different looks of nature, different colours of nature, different moods of nature, along with different sounds of nature always leave deep impact in my mind. When a human's ritual or festival or some tune or pictures from human world blends with nature, it leaves a new definition and creating a new "SEASON" for me. I become calm, wild, angry, fiery, lazy depending on SEASONs. So I just want to pen down my mood swings along with seasons and well, that's just it.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Showers of blessings...

Today, well practically yesterday since it is 12:31 in the morning, was "Bhaiphonta". This is a typical Indian rather Bengali ritual. In this ritual all the girls/ladies/women pray for the safety and long lives of their brothers and male cousins. This is a real sweet ritual which shows the  the love between brothers and sisters. But this day becomes very gloomy to those who doesn't have any. But well, this is India, so we Indian girls can find brothers among friends anywhere and everywhere. This is how we are. The whole world seems to us a huge family. But this day can be a bit nostalgic for those girls who used to do this ritual, used to give their brothers the "Bhaiphota" with their own hands, used to offer their brothers the sweets, but now couldn't give them anymore. They have lost their brother somehow. May be to death or to the demands of  their jobs, or to some stupid issues, that cracked the beautiful relationship & now beyond repair. Well, sometimes the sister is away from family and sometimes the brother is.  So this day brings a lot of memory for them to remember. Well, I am one of those girls. I am a single child but have two cousins, one from meternal side and one from paternal side. The one from peternal side is younger than me & his nick name is "Piku". The one from the maternal side is older than me & I call him "dadabhai." I used to be closer with dadabhai. We grew up together under the same roof just like brother and sister, not cousins. They both are away. I really recall the day when I used to perform the ritual with them. It was so much fun. dadabhai used to tease me a bit and being fiery tempered as always I reacted like an exploded volcano. But there was love, there was fun. I enjoyed those very very much. So yesterday when I woke up I felt a bit sad and nostalgic. At the evening though, I heard a cracker noise & rushed towards the window & saw that our neighbourhood had decided to light up all the left over crackers from "Diwali" & well, this is what I saw...
Firedance in the sky

Sparkling and glittering...
Fire shower...
Fire rain...
blinding sparky beauty...


I wish all the brothers in the world, that in each of their lives,
"There will be showers of blessings, there will be promise of love..."






2 comments:

  1. Wonderfully written :) I miss my own bro too-he doesn't get leave from work at this time of the year-but I vividly remember how we used to plan what crackers to buy on Kalipujo and what to gift each other on Bhaiphota- now it has all come down to a facebook post-and a "like" ... life changes a lot over lifetime...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I have got my first comment ever. :D
    Thanks a lot for commenting. Yeah i know that Fb posts & "like" things...sad, definitely, but atleast in this way we CAN keep in touch when they are away from us and in any part of this world.

    ReplyDelete